Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Get a travel baby....




This wasn't Ripleys first trip. She visited her Aunt Kim in Houston when she was almost 5 months old. It was our test trip before Scott put is in full vacation mode traveling from one place to another before coming home.






She did great on the first trip, it made us confident enough to start back on our traveling routine.

Parenting for me so far has been an on going online search for "best tips on"... I assume most first time moms are this way, so aside from watching everything I could watch on youtube about traveling with a baby there are only a few things I would like to add.

Ill get into those in this post about the first leg of our trip to see my Brother and his fiance Nicole.

Tip: #1 pretend your flight leaves 2 hours before your real boarding time. Im usually so great with time but after having Ripley its like it just disappears... I've learned to tack on an extra hour before I actually think we need to leave. It works out well for me personally because if I get everything right I can have an extra hour to do something like change her diaper AND get some coffee. Instead of one or the other.

We woke up on time and I didn't follow my first tip. We made it to the gate in the most perfect time except... there wasn't anytime for coffee. I still was pretty proud because I got everything packed that I needed to the night before (Scotts advice) made sure everything was clean in the house (OCD over here? I like coming home to a clean house thats normal right?) We just needed to wake up and leave really.





Tip #2 Buy an EXTRA LARGE bag for your stroller. We got ours at Babys R US for like 16 bucks (it was actually 12 because they're going out of business.) and it fit both our stroller and our infant car seat.. (she needs a toddler seat now) both of those are so large but the bag resembles a body bag and fit them both. I say this because you dont actually need to pack them in anything but Scotts heard of horror stories from work about nasty fluids spilling around during flight because of turbulence or what have you and we weren't about that life...






We flew into Washington D.C because Scott wanted to take Ripley to see the blossoming Cherry Blossoms. Of course she did great on the flight. It was cold and rainy for a bit but theres always so much to do around there. We took some strolls around the gardens and walked to the Washington Monument. We really walked all over the place. Ripley took her first train ride to Matthews house. I havent seen my brother in a while and him and I are close. We had nothing else on our agenda but to hang out with him. I just miss being around him so much some times. We used to be only rooms apart and now were in different states.





The good thing about us moving here is we are closer to him. Flying to him is only about a 45 minute flight. We went out to a couple of places, tried to see a crypt at the naval base. Played with Matthews corgi "Einstein". 

Tip: #3 When traveling, don't rush. If you get one thing that you planned to done, you've still done something. Every time we go to Washington we have this need to do ALL OF THE THINGS. We really only get 1 or 2 of them done. You should be proud of that. 

I didnt know today was the official "Sibling Day" so this post is dedicated to my brother (I love you too Sally) for always being there and listening to me. For always "Doing it again" when I would ask you to do it again. For making me laugh all the time. I miss you every day.















No comments:

Post a Comment